Monday 1 October 2012

Chapter 1: The Crush

It would be Nicki's birthday in a few weeks, she will be 16. She wasn't going to have anything big, just a couple friends round. Her birthday was on the 8th of December, which was on a  Saturday.

Nicki was getting up for school. It was 7:02 on a Tuesday morning. It was a warm sunny day, so Nicki decided to wear her white shorts, white and pink striped watermelon tee with her white, pink and blue Osiris hi-tops. She straightend her long black hair, did her make up then went down stairs.
"Hey Mommy" Nicki's Mom Carol was sat at the table feeding her 1 year old brother Makiya
"Morning Ki, you got your homework" Nicki's friends and family called her Ki for short
"Yer, is Jelani up yet"
"Umm I don't know" Carol wiped Makiya's and passed Nicki a plate of buttered toast. Nicki took the plate, sitting down at the table to eat. A few minutes later Jelani walked in to the kitchen wearing his red tee with his black Jordans and his jeans sagging, he picked up his black fitted NY cap and placed it on  his face as he sat down on the chair next to Nicki letting his head fall back, he was clearly tierd. Nicki flipped his hat off his face.
"Wake up sleepy head" Nicki laughed
"Don't Ki" Jelani picked his hat up from the floor and placed it back on his face
"Hurry up and get ready cos we need to go now" Nicki said as she got up putting her dish in the sink and picking up her bag. Jelani hadn't move"Jelani, go drive you and  your sister to school please" Jelani got up, grabbing his bag and walked out the door to his car, he had a Chevrolet Volt MPV5 Hybrid Electric Car, Nicki followed him out to his car after she said goodbye to her mom and Makiya.
Kerian
"Ki wait up" Trina called out to Nicki as she walked out the car park
"Hey Trina" they hugged and walked to there lockers
"So what you doing for your birthday"
"Nothing really, just gunna have you, Safaree, Rihanna and Kerian"
"Kerian??" Trina looked at Nicki confused
"Yer, why whats wrong with Kerian"
"Nothing it's just she's new and you barely know her"
"Well ermm i kinda have a crush on her"
"Ki, when did you start liking her?"
"When i first started talking to her"
"So since last week on Monday"
"Yer"
"Ki don't get upset if shes straight"
"I won't"
"Good cos i remember last time you liked Taria and she told you she hated lesbians and you wouldn't stop crying for hours"
"Don't remind me" Nicki opened her locker.
"Sorry" Trina opened hers
"I've got Math first"
"I've got Science" 
"I'll meet you outside the Sports Center for lunch"
"Alright" They went to there lessons.
It was they end of period 2. Nicki spotted Kerian walking alone. Nicki ran up to her
"Hey Kerian"
"oh hey Nicki"
"Call me Ki" Nicki smiled
"Ok Ki"
"So I know this maybe a bit soon cos I don't know you all that well but i was wondering if you'd like to come to my birthday on the 8th, if you don't its cool"
"Yer I'd love too"
"Great, hey why don't you eat with me and my friends at lunch, we meet outside the Sports center"
"Alright I will, I'm glad I'm not eating alone again"
"You can eat with us when ever you want, and if you ever feel lonley you can just talk to me, here you want my number"
"Sure" Kerian handed Nicki her iPhone 5 and Nicki typed her number in then sent a text. she passed Kerians phone back to her and Nicki pulled out her iPhone 5 and added Kerian's name to the number.
"Alright so call me or text me whenever you want"
"Thanks your the first person thats actually being nice to me"
"Oh have people taking the piss out of you"
"No, No-ones actually like asked me to eat with them or talk to me other than asking about the work"
"Oh well thats good that no ones bothering you" just then the bell went. "Right I better go I've got English with Miss Patten, she maybe small but she one fierce strict bitch"
"Hey I got her now aswel"
"Awsome, sit next to me" they went off to English.
The bell went for Lunch, Nicki and Kerian came out talking.
"So who else is coming"
"Trina, Safaree and Rihanna"
"Are we eating lunch with them"
"Yup"
"Alright" Nicki took a right but Kerian didn't realize so Nicki grabbed her hand and pulled her towards her, Kerians face came really close to Nicki's. Nicki could feel Kerians warm breath on her lips, they gazed in to each others eyes for a few seconds. until someone bumped in to Nicki braking her gaze.
"Ohh errm sorry its just you were going the wrong way"
"Its alright"
"Lets go" Nicki let go of Kerians hand and they both went to the Sports Center. Safaree, Rihanna and Trina were stood talking. "Hey guys, this is Kerian, she came last week, pauz"
"Hey Kerien" They said in unison
"Hey" Kerian said shyly
"This is Safaree, Rihanna and Trina" Nicki said pointing at each one
"Hey its rude to point, if you do it again I'll have to kiss you" This was pretty threatning to Nicki cos she hated kissing guys.
"Eww don't, you know i hate kissing guys" Kerian was a bit confused
"Kerian why you look confused" Trina asked Kerian "Oh i know your confused at Nicki not liking kissing guys"
"Umm yer" Kerian was really shy around groups of people she didn't know
"I guess i should tell you since you are my friend and your coming to my birthday. You can't tell anyone, the only people that know are these three and my family. You promise you won't tell"
"I promise"
"Ok I like girls"
"like love"
"yer"
"Lesbian"
"Yer"
"I won't tell"
"Thanks" they gazed in to each others eyes again
"We should go get sumat to eat now otherwise we'll be late for lesson" Kerian cut of there gaze looking down at the ground. Nicki grabbed Kerians hand.
"Come on"
                                                                                               






No comments:

Post a Comment